Wednesday 31 December 2014

Adios 2014!

Hi everyone!

I hope that you all had an amazing Christmas!

Can you believe that 2014 is finished? Finito! Gone forever! Well not just yet, there are a few more hours left until we ring in 2015. Naturally, everyone will reflect on the year gone, and resolve to try and do things differently in the year ahead.

Here at Willow & Clo it has been another fantastic year, although not without the odd challenge here and there of course!

The ultimate high was winning Best Accessories Designer at Kerry Fashion Week. I was absolutely astounded! To be the recipient of such a prestigious award was the ultimate career high and I'll never forget it!

Absolutely thrilled - Hannah and me at KFW 2014 after I won Best Accessories Designer!




Another memorable moment was seeing Princess Eugenie wear the Willow Leaf Earrings from the Willow collection at a fundraising event in New York. Seeing them dangle from her ears as she embraced the Duchess of Cambridge, right there in the world famous Metropolitan Museum of Art..........that was a pinch myself moment!

Princess Eugenie greets the Duchess of Cambridge wearing the Willow Leaf Earrings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art


My love of stories and storytelling came to life in my new collection, 'Ogham.' I wanted to design a collection that embraced and paid homage to the tradition of storytelling in Irish heritage, and where better to look for inspiration than our earliest example of storytelling - the Ogham alphabet!


Some pieces from the new 'Ogham' collection - 'Wise and Pure' bracelet and 'Alive like Fire' necklace




More recently, I loved opening up the studio to my customers over the Christmas period! We decorated the studio to look as though it was a treasure trove, a hidden gem amidst the hustle and bustle of Dublin's city centre, full of wondrous and glorious pieces ideal for Christmas gifts and style inspiration. The Christmas tunes were hoppin' throughout the course of each day and a few people commented that it was the most Christmassy establishment in town!


'Most Wonderful Time of the Year!' Christmas prep at Willow & Clo Atelier



I'm so happy that I decided to open the studio and had the opportunity to meet my customers. That's the best thing about what I do - meeting people and hearing their stories about Willow & Clo, the reasons why they bought Willow & Clo jewellery for that special someone, or indeed for themselves!


As the year draws to a close, it's fun looking back at those special moments throughout the year. But.....time to look ahead and write a new chapter in our lives.

As far as 2015 is concerned, I have a stone buying trip to Peru planned in early January, and I have a feeling that 2015 heralds the advent of so many new, wonderful and exciting things! New inspiration, new designs, new opportunities!

So let's all start the New Year with a positive note! I hope that for all of you 2015 is filled with happy and exciting events, moments and stories - I hope that it will be a real page-turner!




Wishing you all the best for 2015!

Clo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment