Thursday 18 December 2014

'Ogham' - My Latest Collection

Hard to believe there's a week left until Christmas! So exciting! The Christmas atmosphere here at Willow & Clo is incredible, with sparkly lights, chocolate, and Christmas tunes! It's been amazing having the studio open over the Christmas period. I have absolutely loved meeting so many of you over the last number of weeks and helping you to choose pieces from the range, be it for a loved one or for you. It is exactly why I do what I do - for me, jewellery is so personal, and is such a special gift to give to someone, so being part of the selection process means so much to me!

Sparkly lights at the Willow & Clo studio


On to more exciting news - I am delighted to be releasing the new 'Ogham' collection. I have always been fascinated by Ogham stones and their inscriptions.I think it's amazing that they, along with their stories, have been in existence for thousands of years. Storytelling is integral to the Willow & Clo brand, so it felt right to release a collection based on one of the earliest examples of storytelling in Irish culture.

When designing the collection, two Ogham inscriptions were my main sources of inspiration: 'Alive Like Fire' and 'Wild and Pure.' The collection is based on both of these sayings and feature these inscriptions in the Ogham alphabet itself.

'Ogham' has a contemporary, understated feel, and will be the perfect gift for any jewellery enthusiast.

'Alive like Fire' Long Wrap Necklace from the Ogham collection


The 'Ogham' collection is available online at www.willowandclo.ie

This is likely to be the last post that I do before Christmas, so for that reason, I am taking this opportunity to wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas!

Clo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment